Brokerage Rental Services and Duties
On behalf of the Owner we accept rental applications; run credit reports on such applicants; screen tenants; and sign rental agreements as the Agent for the Owner.
Broker/ Agent shall perform the following tasks on behalf of owner in exchange for said commission: Preleasing, processing applications, provide move in/out condition reports, Security Deposit Dispositions, postage, showings, securing a rental agreement, collection of rents, telephone calls (local and long distance), mileage, preparing work orders from incoming calls taken on your property, emergency availability, referrals and implementation of repairs, periodic drive bys and check ins, monthly and year end reporting, security deposit move in/out and dispositions, and all other administrative duties unless listed in the Menu of Services which are available at Landlord/Seller’s sole option.
Present all offers to owner upon completion by lease documentation, signature and payment by applicants and hold any Security Deposit payments as consideration until such agreement is accepted by owner and a copy returned to Tenant after acceptance. Agent will not be required to deposit or process any monies received as consideration until the lease agreement has been accepted by the owner.
Broker shall NOT disclose the following information or be obligated as otherwise listed without the informed consent or request of Landlord herein:
- That Landlord is willing to accept less than the asking lease rate for the Premises;
- What the motivating factors are for Landlord to Lease the Premises;
- That Landlord will agree to Lease terms other than those offered;
- Disclose any material information about the landlord unless disclosure is required by law or failure to disclose such information would constitute fraud or dishonest dealing; or
- Disclose any facts or suspicions regarding circumstances that could psychologically impact or stigmatize the Premises
- Broker shall not be obligated to seek additional offers to lease the Premises while the premises are subject to a lease or letter of intent to lease.
- Brokerage Firm may have agreements with other landlords to market and lease their premises. Broker may show alternative properties not owned by Owner or Landlord to other prospective tenants and list competing properties for lease.
- Broker has no duty to conduct an independent inspection of the Premises for the benefit of a tenant and has no duty to independently verify the accuracy or completeness of statements made by Landlord or independent inspectors.
- Broker has no duty to conduct an independent investigation of a tenant's financial condition or to verify the accuracy or completeness of any statement made by a tenant although we do provide a thorough application screening process which review employment history or seeks Parental Cosigners, 2 yrs./ past rental references, average bank balance and history, and at times a drive by inspection of current living conditions for delivery of documents.
We advertise the availability for rent of the Owner’s premises and display "For Rent" signs thereon; to sign, renew agreements for the premises or any part thereof; to collect rents due or to become due and give receipts therefore; to terminate tenancies upon acceptance of new tenants for violations, and to sign and serve in behalf of the Owner, to recover debts and other sums due; and when necessary, to settle, compromise, and release such actions or suits or reinstate such tenancies.
On behalf of the Owner, Willie Choice Realty Professional Association, Inc., reimburse Agents for any monies which the Agent is required to pay out for any reasonable expense, either in connection with, or as an expense in defense of, any civil or criminal action, proceeding, charge or prosecution instituted or maintained against the Owner and/or Agent jointly affected or due to the condition or use of the promises, or acts of omissions of the Agent or employees of the Agent or Owner. To defend promptly any such action, proceeding, charge or prosecution instituted or maintained against the Agent or the Owner.
Willie Choice Realty Professional Association, Inc., utilizes unlimited advertising and marketing use including the Garden State and Trend MLS, www.wcrfb.com, Craig’s List and other optimized online rental sites that do not obligate Broker/Agent to additional charge. We have an 8 year 0% vacancy history and prelease all properties beginning approximately six (6) months in advance and Seller shall agree to insure showings are never encumbered and may always be shown with 24 hours notice. Landlord understands that all materials (including all photographs,renderings, images or other creative items) supplied by Agent or on behalf of Landlord are owned by Agent, except those provided by Landlord and Landlord authorizes Broker/ Brokerage Firm and any multiple listing service (that Broker submits the Premises to) a nonexclusive irrevocable, royaltyfree license to use such material for marketing of the premises and will not reproduce or claim such without the express written approval of the Broker/Brokerage Firm.